Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Fangirl Friday: SHINee and IU

Hello fellas, I know it has been a long long time since I wrote here. But hey, I am back! I have been thinking about some new features for this blog and I believe this will be appropriate for my love towards K-pop.

Please note that I am NOT a music or k-pop expert. Anything stated in this post is based solely from my subjective opinion.




Anybody who has known me either in real life or stalk me in internet must have known just how much I love these guys, SHINee. They have just come back earlier this year and promote two albums which are 'Dream Girl' and 'Why So Serious?' in a row. After that, they release the second Japanese album with the single 'Breaking News' and promote a summer single, 'Boys Meet U'. Compiling 'The Misconception of You' and 'The Misconception of Me', SHINee released an album 'The Misconception of Us' which consists of songs from both album plus two new songs. SHINee too featured in the OST of Queen's Classroom with a cheerful song called 'Green Rain'.

I thought all Shawols have been spoiled enough.

I was wrong.

I didn't know what SM had in their mind but SHINee made another comeback this year with 'Everybody'. I have to say that I have a mixed feeling towards this. As much as I love SHINee, I think the boys had done so much and they should have taken rest or prolong the hiatus before the comeback.

Nonetheless, 'Everybody' is a very good song. One thing that I love from SM is how they explore SHINee with various genre and at the same time to show another mature side of SHINee. The song is not really my jam BUT the choreography is so damn awesome. No, you can not deny that SHINee is one of the boy group with best best best choreography and live performance. Period.

On the side note, prior to the release of  'Everybody' music video, SM released a lyric video of 'Symptoms' which happens to be a very beautiful beautiful song. 



I have no idea that this song will have a choreo, but it does! And it is one of the best follow-up song SHINee has ever had. Of course compared to 'Beautiful' and 'Sleepless Night', this song is much better.

If you haven't watched their comeback, then you should now.





Apart from SHINee, I really want to talk about IU too, but this post has been long enough so I will make it short. IU is one of my favorite female singer (beside Ailee!)

I really love her comeback and I always adore her voice and her songs. Even though her live performances are not always good, especially ones that requires her dancing.



I haven't listened to all the songs from the album, but I watched all 7 teasers that Loen gave prior to the release of the MV. I love the song 'Between The Lips' and I thought it will be the promoted song, then I realize it was too ballad. And oh yes, I am biased but the song 'Depression Clock' written by SHINee's Jonghyun and also featuring him is also a good song.

To have a sneak peek of her performance, watch the showcase here:



That's all for now fellow fangirls and fanboys. See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment