Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Snailmail

Let's talk about Snaimail!

These past few months, I have been into this activity called snailmail. I come across this while scrolling through my instagram feed. The moment I saw it, I knew it would be my jam. I learn about it a little, and I thought it is not enough, so I spent my time googling and learning more about how this thing works.


Basically snailmail is just sending and receiving letter to a friend from all around the world. You can write to your friend who lived far from you or you can find a completely new friend. It is really fun! One special thing is that the letter is handwritten, how sweet is that to send and receive something you write by yourself. Often times, penpals send some goodies, stationery, little snacks or treats, and anything that fits inside a letter to the other penpals. It's like going back to the old days but this time with lots more creativity and fun things to share!

So, I gather all the courage to start finding people to instagram and asking whether they want to be penpal or not. There are many sites that offer you the possibilities to find new penpal, but most of them are just interested in online penpals (or is it me who doesn't search diligently? hehe). As for me, I prefer to go to the #penpal or #penpalwanted tags. Remember to always ask politely and do not feel bad if someone refuses to be your penpal. Do not hesitate to write first, it will be a good experience! :)

Here are some of the incoming letters from past 2 months. Because I am still learning, I don't want to take too many penpals. Another thing is I am pretty slow in replying (my bad) but that's because I want to put more effort to make the letter special.
 

I am still new to this, so I would love to learn and hear more from everyone. I can't wait to talk more about my new hobby. Let your creative juices flow, and send more mails! 

Cheers,
Filicia

P.S. Please excuse my inconsistency in my photo tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment