Pages

Saturday, December 03, 2016

on normal days like this




There is nothing particularly sad or extremely wonderful that I want to share today. Today is just a normal day as usual. I feel good for myself, not that negative ((I have since passed my period for this month)) and not majorly positive either. 

If anything that is unusual today, that will be my schedule. I woke up a few minutes before the clock hit 6 o'clock. I got ready in just 30 minutes and ordered an online bike to go out. Even on my weekdays, I could not wake up this early. Haha.

People who knew me from my senior high school days might know me as an early riser. But those who knew me later on my university days would think of the opposite. Haha. 

Back in high school, I used to wake up at 5 o'clock. Got ready in just 30 minutes ((I think I am an expert in getting ready fast on weekdays and slow on weekends, lol)) and then went to school. My home is actually not that far from my school, but the traffic can be very annoying at times because the road is not that wide. So my father insisted I should come early. 

While the school started at 06.30 AM -- now that I think about it, it was very early -- I could have been in school at 05.40 or 05.50 AM the latest. The advantage is that I could buy some breakfast when they were still fresh. There is a nasi uduk or coconut rice that is really really delicious and cheap that sold out fast. So, going to the stall early can guarantee me a portion of this scrumptious nasi uduk.

I also became friends with the school janitors. Sometimes when I arrived, the classes are still locked, so I will wait for one of them to open the class. I also became friends with some of the street sellers and canteen owner because I bought their stuffs super early. Yep, it was really that quiet by the time I arrived to school. Haha.

But, if there was anything that really loved from going so early to school, is looking at the sky. One of my ongoing obsession is anything related to the sky and clouds. Be it the blue morning sky, orange-ish evening sunset, the beautiful golden hour, the starry night, I always love looking up and adoring the grand masterpiece of this universe.

Because my father was worried if I went to my class by myself that early, he always asked me to wait downstairs first until my friend came one by one. So I usually sat on the chair on the first floor of my high school and just saw the sky for 5 or 10 minutes. Back then, social media was not that big. I only used Blackberry Messenger and Twitter, I guess. Even Instagram was only available for iPhone user! haha.

So, watching the sky was a very very relaxing moment. But, let me tell you a SECRET! The sky is the most beautiful before 6 AM. The weather too! Even in the hot hot Jakarta, I could manage to get some chill early in the mornings. 

Ah, those beautiful mornings were definitely amazing memories to be treasured.

As I grew older, my schedule was not as strict as high school. In university year, the classes are super random and spread throughout the day. Instead of continuing the morning habit, I shifted to become a night owl.

Especially with my condition as a graphic design student, I tend to stay up late and slept at dawn. How could I even wake up at 5 AM, you tell me? Haha.

But today,

Today I woke up earlier than usual, collected all my energy and pulled my ass off the bedroom to get up. I had work to do at 7 AM and my house is a bit far from the workplace. As I rode a bike to my destination, it was already 06.40 AM, but the breeze still left me a bit of chill, and the sky was still so pretty.

I haven't seen such beautiful sky for quite some times. But seeing the layers of fluffy white clouds upon the clear blue sky, I felt so blissful. I felt happy, just because of the beautiful sky. I kept on looking up and I just can't help it but felt so grateful to be able to live, to be able to breathe in a good air, star such a wonderful sky and feel so alive again.

It is such a small thing in life for some, but for me, it is such a mood booster. I tried to take some pictures, but I can only secure this one while on the red light. It is much more beautiful in real life! This one is unfiltered anyway, because, I chose not to. 

By the afternoon, I got a bit sleepy. I had just slept for 5 hours after all. But when I thought about how amazing the sky was this morning, I didn't regret waking up that early. Also, there are free coffee that I happily sipped in.

Ah, as always, my writing always ended up being longer than I planned. I just wanted to talk about the sky this morning but ended up being nostalgic about the past, haha.

Does this motivate me to wake up earlier in near future? 

Honestly, I don't think so. haha. But if I ever had a bad day and need to cure it, maybe I can force myself to wake up earlier in the morning and go out and just feel the air and see the sky. 

Do you have the same obsession with sky like me? :)


P,s, Yes, the 'flying' from 'flyingfili' also came from the same obsession. My wish is to be able to fly and touch the sky for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment